Information regarding the following Kenmore Development Application Materials and Procedures follows.
- Rental Application
- Property Checklist
- Incentive for Prompt Payment
- Application Fee and Reservation Deposit
- Resident Handbook & EPA Handbook
- Disclosure of Information on Lead Based Paint & Lead-Based Paint Hazards (If Applicable)
- Delivering Application
Perspective residents can download and complete a digital version of our application at http://www.kendev.com/app.pdf.
To ensure the fastest possible application processing please do the following:
- List the latest possible date you can move in. In most cases we will be able to move you in prior to this date but this helps us to properly prepare each unit in a timely manner.
- Provide full names, cities, zip codes and area codes where asked on application. If you have not already selected an apartment to rent, contact Kenmore Development at 716.874.7700 Mon-Fri 9:00 AM -5:00 PM EST.
- Sign the application where asked near the bottom of page 2 and initial and sign the property checklist. No application can be processed without your signature. Signing the application allows Kenmore Development to complete credit, rental and employer reference checks as part of the approval procedure.
Each Kenmore Development Apartment Community has a property checklist. The purpose of the checklist is to clarify in simple terms what is included in the rent and what a renter can expect from Kenmore Development. Property checklists have proven to define and enhance understanding between renters and Kenmore Development. Please read the checklist carefully and sign and date at the bottom.
3. Incentive for Prompt Payment
Property Checklists explain the Incentive For Prompt Payment clause in our lease. It states that if the rent is paid in a timely manner, your rental payment can be reduced by certain amount (currently $50).
Here’s how it works:
- If you rented an apartment from Kenmore Development and the monthly rent is $100.
- Your lease would actually state that the rent is $150.
- Your lease will also have a clause right below the listed rent amount stating that if the rent is paid in a timely manner (the 1stof the month), then the renter can reduce their rent payment by $50. This is not a rebate; you can simply reduce your rent payment by $50.
- Hence you would only pay the full amount stated on your lease if you failed to pay your rent within the first five days of each month. After the 5thof each month, the $50 incentive is added to your rent payment for that month.
The reservation deposit and application fee must be paid in full in order for us to reserve an apartment for you and process your application. The reservation deposit will become your security deposit after your application is approved. You can pay the application fee and reservation deposit in one of the following three ways:
- Credit Card – Simply complete the credit card waiver near the bottom of the application and deliver to Kenmore Development. We accept Master Card, Visa and American Express.
- Check – Mail or drop off check to Kenmore Development with your application materials.
- Cash – Make cash payment when submitting your application in person to Kenmore Development
Applicants will receive hard copies of both Kenmore Development’s Resident Handbook and EPA Handbook when you meet a Kenmore Development agent. Both can also be downloaded online using the following links:.
If applicable, all forms and corresponding Policy Statements required by Federal Law have been included in the application package. Please note that these forms are required by Federal law to rent at most apartment communities in the United States. In order for you to complete this form do the following:
- Read EPA Handbook; Protect Your Family From Lead In Your Home.
- Read the 1.0 Policy Statement that is included in this application package. In simple terms the 1.0 Policy Statement indicates that there are trace amounts of lead based paint under numerous coats of latex paint.
- Initial (c) Lessee’s Acknowledgment. This indicates that you have received Policy Statement 1.0
- Initial (d) Lessee’s Acknowledgment. This indicates that you have received the pamphlet Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home.
- Sign and date as “Lessee” in the Certification of Accuracy section. This verifies that you understand the information that was provided to you.
Once you have reviewed, completed and signed all the application package materials here is how you can submit them to Kenmore Development.
- Email – Scanned application materials, including credit card waiver (for reservation deposit and application fee), can be emailed directly to your Kenmore Development rental agent.
- Fax – Application materials and credit card waiver (for reservation deposit and application fee) can be faxed directly to our office at 716.874.3729. This is the fastest way to reserve an apartment with Kenmore Development.
- In Person – Call 716.874.7700 to make an appointment to meet a Kenmore Development agent to drop off your application. Please Note: If you intend to pay your application fee and reservation deposit with cash, then we require that you call to schedule an appointment to deliver application in person to our main office located at 2746 Delaware Ave in Kenmore, NY.
- Mail – This is the best option if you choose to pay your reservation deposit and application fee by check and are not currently in the Buffalo area. Please do not mail cash. Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 194
Kenmore, NY 14217