Jun 17, 2016 – Summer is concert season in Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY. The warm weather and plethora of outdoor venues make rocking out to great music that much more fun.
We’ve gathered information on some of the most popular music festivals and concert series happening near our apartment communities in the list below. Most of them are right on the water, providing a great backdrop for the awesome music.
Avoid the workweek doldrums, enjoy a few drinks and listen to some great tunes at one of these concerts around Buffalo and Niagara Falls this summer.
Outdoor concert venues in Buffalo
44 Prime St.
Buffalo, NY 14202
Thursday Free Concert Series
June 9-August 25
The popular Canalside concert series features a wide variety of national musical artists, including Public Enemy on June 23 and Coolio on August 18. Located right on Lake Erie downtown, it’s one of the best places to watch a summer concert in Buffalo.
All of the concerts are free and open to the public. Gates open at 5pm for each Thursday concert. According to Canalside, a headliner will usually go on stage at between 8-9pm, depending on concert start time. Food trucks will be present and offering food to concertgoers.
While general admission is free, VIP tickets are available. VIP tickets give you access to the VIP tent lounge where you receive 3 free drinks (beer/wine/soda), drink discounts, appetizers from (716) Food and Sport, private bathrooms, access to the front of the stage viewing area, and a souvenir 2016 Canalside Concerts Cup.
- June 16: Frank Turner with special guest July Talk
- June 23: Public Enemy
- June 30: Frankie Ballard
- July 7: Dweezil Zappa Plays Frank Zappa
- July 14: Shakey Graves, Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Wild Child
- July 21: The Arcs and Mariachi Flor De Toloache
- July 28: BPO “A Tribute to David Bowie”
- August 4: Tritonal
- August 11: Lowest of the Low and Serena Ryder
- August 18: Coolio
- August 25: Claypool Lennon Delirium
Elmwood Village Summer Concert Series
Bidwell Parkway (Elmwood Ave. & Bidwell)
Buffalo, NY 14222
June 21 – August 9
Tuesday nights in the summer around the Elmwood Village are never boring, thanks to the Elmwood Village Summer Concert Series, which is now in its 19th year. Every Tuesday evening from 7-9pm from June 21st through August 9th, people come from all over Buffalo to hear awesome bands, eat delicious food from local food trucks and vendors (including Lloyd), and hang out in one of the city’s most happening areas.
Bring the whole family, some lawn chairs and even your own picnic and enjoy a free night of fun this summer in the Elmwood Village.
- June 21: The Bobby Militello Quartet
- June 28: Bobby Lebel
- July 5: Randall and the Late Night Scandals
- July 12: Outer Circle Orchestra
- July 19: Dee Adams and Her Band
- July 26: Black Rock Zydeco
- August 2: Fredtown Stompers
- August 9: The Heavenly Chillbillies
Wednesday on the Canal Concert Series
Gateway Harbor Park
Sweeney & Webster Sts.
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
June 15 – August 24
Just 10 minutes from downtown Buffalo, the Wednesday on the Canal Concert Series is definitely worth a drive to North Tonawanda. With great music from local bands and tribute artists right on the Erie Canal, it should definitely be on your summer bucket list.
All concerts are free and open to the public. The first band will come on at 6pm and the second band will follow at 8pm. Food is available starting at 5pm. No coolers or pets are allowed in the park on Wednesday nights. More information about all of the bands can be found in this article.
- June 15: Steelhorse 6pm, Black Widow 8pm
- June 22: Rock Angel 6pm, Nerds Gone Wild 8pm
- June 29: Rumourz 6pm, ELI 8pm
- July 6: Toast 6pm, Fat Brat 8pm
- July 13: Tom Geraci’s Rio Bravo 6pm, Chicago Authority 8pm
- July 27: 1980 Something 6pm, KISS This 8pm
- August 3: Total Eclipse 6pm, Boys of Summer 8pm
- August 10: Backbeat 64 6pm, JJ Swing 8pm
- August 17: Back to the Bars 6pm, That 80’s Hair Band 8pm
- August 24: A-List 6pm, Hit N Run 8pm
450 South 4th St.
Lewiston, NY 14092
Start time: 6:30pm
Located right on the Niagara River and just a short drive from Niagara Falls and 30 minutes from Buffalo, Artpark is one of the area’s coolest concert venues. And their Tuesday and Wednesday night summer lineups are nothing to sneeze at, featuring prominent national recording artists including O.A.R., Ben Folds, and Ben Harper, as well as Whitesnake, Tears For Fears and Pat Benatar for the over-40 crowd.
And with ticket prices at just $12 in advance ($17 day of show), you can’t afford not to take the opportunity to see some of these fantastic national acts representing a wide range of decades.
2016 First Niagara Tuesdays In The Park
- June 14: Barenaked Ladies, OMD & Howard Jones
- June 21: Blue Rodeo with special guest Basia Balat
- June 28: Whitesnake with special guest Whitford /St. James
- July 5: The Band Perry
- July 12: Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
- July 19: Tears For Fears
- July 26 : Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo / Melissa Etheridge
- August 2: YES
- August 9: RAIN – A Tribute to the Beatles
- August 16: STYX
- August 23: Boz Scaggs with special guest Don McLean
- August 30: Canadian hall of fame: The Burton Cummings Band, April Wine & Buffy Sainte-Marie
2016 Coors Light Wednesdays at Artpark
- June 15: Two Door Cinema Club
- June 29: Ray LaMontagne
- July 6: Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
- July 13: Ben Folds with yMusic
- July 15: O.A.R. with special guest John Butler Trio
- July 27: Slightly Stoopid with special guest Zion I, The Grouch and Eligh
- Aug 3: O.A.R.
Kenmore Village Improvement Society Children’s Concert Series
Kenmore Middle School Lawn
155 Delaware Rd.
Buffalo, NY 14217
Want a concert the whole family can enjoy? Check out the Kenmore Village Improvement Society’s free children’s concert series this summer.
According to the KVIS website, the children’s concert series highlights many varied musical styles and eras from all over the world, and the music provides an engaging, entertaining learning experience for children. Families from all over Western New York, including Kenmore, Tonawanda, Buffalo and even Niagara Falls come together to enjoy a fun night of music and lighthearted fun.
Lineup and concert dates will be announced soon. Follow the KVIS Facebook page for more information.