At Kenmore Development, we know moving to a new apartment (especially one in a new city) can be a big adjustment. With furniture to buy, utilities to set up, and other changes, it can be easy to forget about the little things that make living in an apartment more comfortable.
That’s why we give new renters at our apartment communities a “Welcome Kit” that includes the essentials we’ve found to be most helpful to have around to keep your apartment in top-notch shape.
Essential Items For Renters
The kit includes things that renters often forget to purchase, but end up being incredibly useful. Several of these items can also help renters increase the chances of getting their security deposit back when they move out of their apartment.
You can see everything that’s included in the Welcome Kit for KenDev residents in the photo below.
Check out each of the items and their associated uses and benefits.
- Snow brush: This is one of the most common things people moving to Buffalo from outside the area don’t realize they need until they return to a car with several inches of snow piled on top (often in just a short time span–gotta love that Lake Effect snow). We provide all residents with a snow brush to keep in their car so that they’ll be prepared when the inevitable happens every winter.
- Sponges: Keeping your sinks, kitchen counters, appliances and bathroom clean will not only make you healthier and happier–it’ll help maintain your apartment and prevent buildup and mold from forming. Scrub these surfaces down regularly to help ensure you’re able to get your security deposit returned once you move out.
- Glass cleaner: Clean windows make living in an apartment feel much more luxurious and help bring in more light from the outside. It’s also important to keep your bathroom mirror in good shape for when you move out. Cleaning these things regularly will also help you increase the chances of getting your security deposit back.
- 3 Prong to 2-Prong Adapter: Some older apartments may have 2-prong AC outlets, while many modern electronics have 3-prong plugs. It’s not something renters often realize until they go to plug something in, which is why we provide a couple to make sure you can get plugged in right away.
- Lightbulbs: Light up your new apartment and avoid an extra trip to Target. We’ve got you covered with a new pack of lightbulbs for your lamps and light fixtures.
- Spray lube: Got a squeaky door or a hard-to-close window? Save a call to maintenance or a trip to the store by spraying it with lubricant.
- Toilet plunger: We probably don’t have to explain this one. If you have a clogged toilet, try plunging it before calling maintenance–for both our sakes.
If you want more information or have questions about renting a Kenmore Development apartment, feel free to reach out to our team.