Dec 15, 2016 – The holiday season is in full swing–and there’s no place we’d rather be than here in Western New York.
There are so many fun activities to participate in around Buffalo and Niagara Falls during the holidays. From cutting down your own Christmas tree to shopping for unique gifts and savoring special holiday treats, there’s plenty to keep you busy in between all of the parties and other fun.
Holiday Activities Around Buffalo & Niagara Falls
We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite holiday activities in the area. The holidays will be over before you know it, so get out and take advantage while you still can!
Where To Cut Down Your Own Christmas Tree
- Jurek Plantations (6600 Strickler Rd, Clarence): 716-741-3302
- Hill’s Christmas Tree Farm (13214 Belscher Road, Springville): 716-592-5096
- Tim Buhr’s Christmas Trees (6771 N. Canal Rd, Lockport): 716-628-4289
- Bradt’s (470 Pletcher Rd, Lewiston): 716-754-4425
Where To Buy Holiday Gifts
- Everything Elmwood (740 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo): Wide variety of functional and stylish gifts, from clothing, greeting cards and accessories to home goods, handbags and pottery.
- The TreeHouse Toy Store (793 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo): Expansive, unique selection of children’s toys, games and puzzles for kids of all ages.
- Blush (1005 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY): Fashionable women’s clothing, jewelry and accessories from upscale designers, as well as Buffalo-themed hats and winter accessories.
- Room Buffalo (1400 Hertel Ave, Buffalo): Sustainable high quality furniture, decorations and other housewares, many designed or made locally.
- Campus WheelWorks (744 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo): For the athletic person on your list who’s always doing something outdoors, find a great selection of cycling gear, ski equipment and winter apparel.
- Fowler’s Chocolates (Locations in Buffalo, Tonawanda, East Aurora, Hamburg & Cheektowaga): Find all of the gifts you need for the Buffalovin’ chocoholic on your list, from Sponge Candy and BuffalOreos to chocolate pizza and wings and Truffaloes (Buffalo-shaped truffles).
- Vidler’s 5 & 10 (676 – 694 Main St, East Aurora); Nostalgic shop with something for everyone featuring over 75,000 items spread through four buildings on two levels — the largest “5 & 10” variety store in the world. Watch the video below to learn more about what the store has to offer.
Where to Enjoy Local Holiday Treats
- Order a Tom & Jerry: Made with scratch-made eggnog, brandy, rum, and milk or coffee, this holiday-themed drink will warm you up from the inside out. Grab this seasonal cocktail at The Place on Lexington Avenue in the Elmwood Village.
- Put Butter Block on your Christmas morning table: Buffalo’s favorite pop-up bakery, Butter Block, serves up amazing french croissant and other pastries at the farmers’ market and other popup shops throughout the year. For Christmas, they put together an unbeatable package of their goodies for your holiday breakfast.
- Pick up Italian Christmas cookies for dessert: Nothing says Christmas like the decorative, elaborate cookies that can be found at Italian bakeries. Order your almond, fig, sesame or ricotta cookies from Gino’s Italian Bakery on Kenmore Ave.
What’s your favorite way to celebrate the holidays around Buffalo & Niagara Falls? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook page.